Image Map

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Welcome!

Hi everyone!

I've been thinking about starting up my own blog for a while now after reading and following others. The main thing holding me up was that it is currently exam time! However since I had my final (fingers crossed) uni exam this morning, here I am! So here is my first blog post, and I thought I'd just let you get to know me and what I hope to achieve with this blog to start off with!

WHO
My name is Talia, I'm twenty three years old, just finishing off a four year BSc in Animal Behaviour. I'm originally from Surrey, but I moved to Manchester for university in 2010, met my boyfriend here and we're now living together with our two little babies - a Border x Fell terrier, Jess, and a Patterdale terrier, Max. I'm currently unemployed and looking for placement in a Veterinary surgery so that I can start training to become a vet nurse in September, and also hunting for a part time job to bring in some pennies!

WHAT
I have ALWAYS had so many opinions about everything. Probably too many! So what better place to air those views and opinions than on the internet with all you lovely people! I imagine this will be a mostly beauty/lifestyle blog, just giving opinions on products I've used/loved/hated/yearn for. I also (obviously) love animals, as well as cooking, creative crap and reading so I'm sure you'll get the odd random posts thrown in there as well! I feel like I'm using way too many exclamation points, wow, must be super excited about this blog!

WHY
My obsession with beauty products really started on my gap year when I got my first "grown up" full time job and suddenly had disposable income and could afford premium beauty products I'd lusted after through school and sixth form years. And then I went to uni, and I'm sure many students can sympathise with the lower budget you have to contend with! In my third year (of a four year course) I got a part time job which meant I didn't have to save all my money for food and I could have (some) nice things again! And then I became obsessed with nail polish. Nails may have reopened the door for me but beauty has never been far from my heart, so now I'm a real grown up (about time at 23!) graduating from university (we hope) and starting out on the rest of my life and that is where my blog begins.

I feel like this post has gone on long enough and you all now know more than you ever needed to know about me. I hope my blog provides some useful information/entertainment/ridiculous anecdotes and you enjoy reading with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment